Nursing Admissions Process
Hondros College is dedicated to finding quality individuals who will represent Hondros College well in the classroom, clinical settings and in the community. Our admissions process is designed to help us determine if an individual has the ability to succeed in the classroom and fit into the family atmosphere we pride ourselves in.
The goal of the admissions team is to ensure every student accepted into the program is capable of being at graduation. The process of choosing an applicant for admission into the Hondros College is thorough yet can be completed in a timely fashion to help you get started in your exciting new career.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to gain admissions into the nursing program!
- Attend an Information Session
- Schedule and take the HESI Entrance Exam
- Schedule an Admissions Interview
- Gain Acceptance!
Attend an Information Session
To determine if Hondros College is going to be the right fit for you to achieve your educational and career goals it is highly recommended that you attend an information session at one of our campuses.
Students wanting to gain acceptance need to submit an application.You can download an application here. Turn your completed application and application fee in to the campus you would like to attend.
Submit request for information
Schedule and take the HESI Entrance exam
- Entrance exams are offered at each campus on a daily basis at specific times. Click here for more information about scheduling your exam.
- The HESI Entrance Exam will cover reading comprehension, vocabulary, grammar and math.*
- Prospective students who have taken either the ACT or SAT exam within the last five years and have a minimum ACT composite score of 21 or a minimum SAT score of 1500 will not be required to take the entrance exam
Schedule an Admissions Interview
Once you have met the testing requirements, an admissions interview with the Manager of Admissions will be scheduled. The admissions interview provides Hondros College with the opportunity to determine if you have the ability to be a successful student and represent Hondros College well.
After you have completed the steps above a decision on your acceptance into the program will be made.* Once you have been accepted into the program the additional documentation will be required in order to start class.
*Note: Additional information such as transcripts and a financial plan may also be required prior to a decision being rendered.